Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here is more information about Veropan services and how we can help your business succeed.
A Media Item is much more than just your original uploaded media file.
A Media Item includes your original media file (360° panorama, photograph, image, gigapixel panorama, etc…), Media metadata, PLUS all of the media files (typically hundreds) optimized for fast delivery and viewing via the Veropan Storyteller Delivery Network (VSDN).
Media Items are stored in the Veropan Vault (secure storage) and in one or more Veropan Storyteller Delivery Network (VSDN) data stores around the world.
Media Views are one of the key metrics tracked by Veropan to measure the value delivered to your clients and partners (website visitors).
When one of your Veropan Stories are viewed, one or more Media View events are generated. View events reflect the amount of time your visitors view your Veropan Stories.
Your account billing date is the day of the month you signed up for a paid service plan.
Payments for the month are charged on the billing date (start of each billing period/month).
Account upgrades must be approved by an account owner and are paid for at the start of the following billing period/month.
Yes. You can prepay for 10 months of service and receive 2 months free –OR– Sign up for an Enterprise service plan.
The account owner(s) are notified as delivery limits are reached.
Paid Accounts: Additional Media Item Views are allowed (account owner must accept service upgrades).
Free Accounts: Additional Media Item Views are blocked for the remainder of the billing period (month).
The account owner(s) are notified as storage limits are reached.
Paid Accounts: Upload of additional Media Items is allowed (account owner must accept service upgrades).
Free Accounts: Upload of additional Media Items is blocked
Log in to your Veropan Account and your Dashboard shows real-time analytics including Media Item Views and the number of Media Items in your account.
Veropan is designed for business. Businesses have teams (multiple users) generating and publishing content to their web site and social media accounts. All Veropan accounts support team access using role based access security.
Storage, delivery, and branding.
As your business needs grow (more storage / more deliveries) your Veropan plan can be easily upgraded. Larger accounts (Enterprise) have the option to remove Veropan branding or rebrand the service as their own.
Yes. No credit card is required. All you need is a valid business email address to sign up for a free Veropan business account.
To sign up for a free trial / business account visit https://www.veropan.com/signup
There are several reasons why your business should use our Story Delivery Network…
- Ultimate customer experience (fast, consistent delivery of stories)
- Access to advanced metrics
- Enterprise class service
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) / Guarantee
- Secure Delivery (SSL encrypted network connections)
- Story Security (authentication, authorization, audit)
It is easy to get started using Veropan’s Storytelling service.
- Sign up for a free Veropan business account
- Contact Veropan Sales to learn more at 719.439.8399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can view live metrics by logging into your Veropan business account.
Access to your Veropan Stories can be restricted in a number of ways…
- Website restrictions (Story delivered only from your company’s website)
- User internet address / domain name (reverse DNS)
- Story Password
- Story Delivery Signature
We take security very seriously.
- Account information is encrypted / digitally signed
- Access to all user data is tracked / audited
- Archived data is stored offline / encrypted / digitally signed
Veropan’s exclusive “Story Replay” metrics capture details on how Stories are viewed by your customers. This allows you to analyze / view how your customers are actually experiencing your Veropan Stories.
You can enter your Google analytics tracking code to your Veropan business account and (optionally) to each of your Veropan Stories.
Veropan Stories can be shared many ways…
- Embedded in your business web site
- Shared as a URL (direct hyperlink to the story)
- Shared as a Quick Response (QR) code
- Shared as a video file (coming soon)
Most importantly, detailed metrics are captured every time your Veropan Story is accessed via the Internet.
A/B testing is an important marketing capability. A/B testing enables a business to be able to determine which marketing message works better (A or B).
To enable A/B testing you will need to create a Veropan Story that contains two Veropan Stories (A and B) with an A/B test control. You change the A/B test control at any time. Veropan’s real-time reporting enables you to quickly determine (and change) which Story resonates best with your customers.
No. We have worked very hard on creating a service that is easy to use.
If you still want some training, we have some online training videos available for you…
- Lesson 1 – Getting Started (coming soon)
- Lesson 2 – Capturing Content (coming soon)
- Lesson 3 – Creating Stories (coming soon)
- Lesson 4 – Sharing Stories with your customers (coming soon)
- Lesson 5 – Measuring Results (coming soon)
Veropan Stories can include:
- Photographs, Panoramas
- Images, Graphics, Icons
- Videos, HD Videos, UHD Videos
- 360° Panoramas, 360° Videos
- Gigapixel Images, Gigapixel Panoramas
- Music, Audio, Sound Clips, Narrations
- Transcripts, Closed Caption Text
Veropan’s Story Library is an intelligent file / data store used to manage traditional and emerging multimedia data.
The Story Library is used to author and assemble stories.
- Unified storage of all business digital media assets
- Tag digital media asset file (metadata)
- Organize, sort, search, and find digital media assets
- Secure access of digital media assets
- Archived storage of “original” digital media assets (never lose data)
The Story Library is an enterprise class online business service provided by Veropan.
Yes. We have a very limited number of 360° cameras that are available for rental on a monthly basis.
To rent equipment from us you must be…
- A existing Veropan business customer
- A U.S. based company
- Provide a refundable deposit (via credit card)
- Agree to the rental terms and conditions
Please contact Veropan Sales for more information at 719.439.8399 or email@example.com
Virtual Reality goggles are optional. Veropan Stories that include 360 panoramas or 360 videos support viewing with (and without) VR goggles.
Yes. You have a couple of choices…
Veropan’s professional services are available to help your business create compelling and engaging stories. Please contact Veropan for more information at 719.439.8399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Veropan can recommend a professional from our network of certified storytellers.
You can hire someone that you know and trust to create stories for your business. You can grant “capture” and “create” access privileges to your Veropan business account to your trusted professionals.
If you are asking this question then the answer is most likely “no.” Hiring a professional photographer depends on your business objectives, goals, and budget.
If you can take pictures with a digital camera and post them online then you will be able to use Veropan.
Veropan’s Business Storytelling Services are designed to be used by business owners without special training or experience.